My Spouse Was Just Arrested and Charged with a Sex Offense: Frequently Asked Questions
1. What should I do if my husband is arrested for a sex offense?
2. What are the legal implications of my husband being charged with a sex offense?
3. Can my husband be released on bail for a sex offense charge?
4. How do I find a lawyer for my husband's sex offense case?
5. What are the potential consequences if my husband is convicted of a sex offense?
6. How can I support my husband emotionally during his legal process?
7. How do I talk to my children about their father's arrest for a sex offense?
8. Can I visit my husband in jail after he's been arrested for a sex offense?
9. What resources are available for families dealing with a loved one's sex offense charge?
10. What rights does my husband have while he's in custody for a sex offense charge?
11. How can I protect my family's privacy during this difficult time?
12. How will I communicate with my spouse while they are incarcerated?
13. How do I handle the social stigma and judgment that comes with a sex offense charge?
14. Do my children have to participate in the DCYF investigation?
15. How can we prove a false allegation?
16. Can you accidentally download child porn?
17. What will happen to the electronics seized by the police during the search/arrest?
18. Is alcohol intoxication a defense to a sex crime?
19. What kind of evidence is typically used in sex offense cases?
20. Can my husband's charges be dropped or reduced in a sex offense case?