Charged with Possession of a Ghost Gun? Ghost gun laws are complex, rapidly evolving, and can seem intimidating - but we're here to help. Understanding these laws and how they impact you is the first step to defending yourself. Below are some steps you can take to help protect your future:
- Hire an Attorney: The first step is to retain an experienced criminal defense attorney who is well-versed in firearm-related charges in Rhode Island. You deserve an attorney who will be your advocate and guide throughout the legal process.
- Understand Rhode Island Law: Hire an attorney who will help you understand the specific firearm laws in Rhode Island, including those related to ghost guns. Rhode Island's laws and regulations may differ from those in other states, so it's essential to have a clear understanding of what you're facing.
- Review the Facts of Your Case: Find an attorney who will work closely with you to review all the facts surrounding your ghost gun charge. This includes how the firearm was discovered, whether it was operable, and whether it was legally possessed and assembled under Rhode Island law.
- Search and Seizure Issues: If there were any search and seizure issues related to the discovery of the ghost gun, you need an attorney who will unapologetically challenge the legality of the search. If the police violated your Fourth Amendment rights during the search, the evidence obtained by police must be suppressed.
- Tailor your defense to your needs: In some cases, it may be in your best interest to negotiate a plea deal with the prosecution. You deserve an attorney who can assess whether a plea agreement might result in a more favorable outcome than going to trial. However, it may be in your best interest to go to trial. If your case goes to trial, find an attorney who will help you build a strong defense and be prepared to fight for you at trial.
- Stay Informed: Keep yourself informed about the progress of your case and any court appearances or legal requirements. Choose an attorney who will maintain open communication with you throughout your case.
Remember that the specific strategies and defenses will depend on the unique circumstances of your case and only an experienced attorney can provide you with the best guidance for your situation. We provide accessible, comprehensible, and up-to-date information on ghost gun laws, empowering you to make informed decisions about your rights and your case. Contact Manosh Payette, LLC at (401) 854-7794 for a free confidential consultation because your future deserves the best defense.